Thank you for your patience and perseverance through this season. From shutdowns to shelter-in-place orders, you have continued to serve, pray, and celebrate the Lord in the midst of a difficult time for our country and world.
As Governor Abbot has announced the lifting of restrictions in place over our state, our Elder Team and Staff have developed a plan to safely return to on-campus corporate worship at Eagles View Church. We have put together the image above to help illustrate the steps we intend to take to move toward a full return to activities at EVC. We are currently in Phase 2 of our process and have set dates for Phases 3 and 4.
On May 31st we will have a live service with our First Impressions Teams (ushers, parkers, greeters, and guest central), Safety Team, Band, Tech, and Staff as we prepare to reopen services to the entire church and community the following week, June 7th. If you volunteer in one of the above areas, you will receive further information about the May 31st service.
There are some very important things to note about our return on June 7th:
- We will only have worship services available. No Children’s Ministry, Student Ministry, or Unhindered classes will be taking place. We will also not have the Café open during this time.
- We have adjusted our service times as there is potential to add a fourth-morning service to allow for adequate social distancing. Our service times on June 7th will be 8:00 a.m., 9:30 a.m., and 11:00 a.m. Our online service will be a Live Stream of the 9:30 a.m. service and will go live online at that time.
- EVC Staff and Volunteers will sanitize the worship center to the best of our abilities between each service. We ask that you not enter the building until 10 minutes before your service in order to allow us time to prepare.
- Limited seating will be available in the worship center and we will be asking you to please RSVP for a service so we can prepare. When registration for the service times are open we will send an email, social media post, and a text alert (sign up for text alerts here)
- If you consider yourself at high risk for the COVID-19 virus, we would encourage you to stay home and continue to enjoy the service online. If you still plan to attend, we would encourage you to consider the 8:00am service as to avoid potential contamination from previous services.
- While we are not requiring any attendees to wear masks or gloves, the EVC Staff and Volunteers will be wearing them.
We would love nothing more than to kick everything off in full, however we believe the steps we are taking provide the safest path to us returning to full on-campus activities with the health of our church family and community in mind.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and we can’t wait to see you again soon!